Providing one to one support to help you with practical issues such as housing, finances, improving your health and wellbeing and to enable you to live a full and independent life. Providing dedicated well-being support with a BSL Interpreter for the Deaf Community.
We can work with you on some or all the following areas:
- Mental wellbeing
- Physical health
- Employment and skills
BSL Interpreter Sessions
Your Support deliver weekly sessions for the Deaf Community – the sessions are supported by a BSL Interpreter and are for those who struggle to advocate for themselves.
The sessions provide practical support, information, and advice to promote independence and wellbeing This includes translation, advocacy with support services and help with digital skills.
Here are some examples of the help available:
- Digital - setting up Apps, online accounts, accessing online services and knowledge of digital resources for the Deaf Community
- Financial Support – Budgeting skills, debt / benefit advice and applications, help accessing the DWP / HMRC
- Home - help with utilities, insurance, housing applications and issues, home safety, sensory equipment
- Travel – concessionary / assisted travel, Blue Badge applications
- Health – Arranging health appointments, pharmacy issues, eye tests, podiatry etc.
- Employment – Access to Work
The sessions take place, each Wednesday. To book an appointment you can contact us via our online referral form or by texting 07539468560. Please outline the support that you are looking for.
We are open from 8:30am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. We can also offer flexible appointments that work for you outside of these hours. We offer face to face meetings in your home or in the community, as well as telephone or video call appointments.
- Phone – 0161 474 1042
- Text for Deaf People – 07539468560
- Email - info